Saturday, February 4, 2012

I've Been Tagged!


April Larremore over at Chalk Talk tagged me in a getting to know you better post...so here goes.

According to game rules.... the person tagged tells 12 things about herself, answers 12 questions asked by the previous tagger, and then comes up with 12 questions to ask the new tagees! 
12 Things About Me....

1) I'm addicted to snacking on pecans-I carry them wherever I go!

2) I love drinking Salted Caramel Mochas from Starbucks. I used to drink them at least once a week; but since I've been trying to make healthy choices I only drink them as a special treat every once in a while.
3) I love shoes! I have so many my husband now won't let me buy a new pair unless I donate an old pair. Mainly because he's tired of tripping over them in the closet!

4) I'm currently addicted to Sally Hansen's Salon Effects...here's my current favorite...it reminds of the University of Alabama's houndstooth. 
5) I sell Thirty-One bags and gifts. I love their products and have so much fun at parties helping women earn free products to help them get organized at home and on the go.

6) I love hot chocolate. 

7) I'm addicted to playing word games on my iPhone.
 
8) I enjoy hot baths in my jetted tub...especially when I've had a long day!

9) I am a huge Alabama Crimson Tide fan...Roll Tide!

10) I love animal prints! My classroom is decorated with the prints and jungle animals.

11) I am in love with this popcorn...


12) Logan and I stop once a week before school for Chick N Minis from Chick-fil-a...yumo!

The questions I was asked:

1) Tell us about your family.
     I am blessed enough to marry my first love Joshua. We've been married for 5 and a half years. Joshua manages a Walgreens in North Richland Hills.  My stepson Justin is 10. He lives with my in laws in Weatherford. We get him every other weekend and for a month in the summer. We normally get to see him every holiday because his mom lives close to us. Logan is 5 and in kindergarten this year. He goes to school with me and I love getting to see during the day! Lucas is 2 and stays at home with Grammie during the day just like Logan did before he started school.


2) What is your favorite song or CD to use in your classroom?
    I love using Dr. Jean's songs/cds in my classroom. I own a lot of them use some from all the cds I own throughout the day. Her song Tooty Ta is a class favorite every year.
    
3) What is your favorite children's book?
    I love lots of different children's books. My favorite to read to my boys is I Love You Stinky Face and my favorite to read with my class are probably Where the Wild Things Are and Dr. Seuss books.

4) What is your favorite part of your job?
    I love seeing "the light bulb" come on when a student has struggled with a concept and they are finally able to get it. I also love seeing how much they grow from the beginning of the year through the end. It brings me so much joy to see a child who comes to school not being to hold a pencil correctly, and then leaves kindergarten reading and writing.

5) What are your must-have teaching resources?
 

 

 

   
6) What is your favorite TV show?
    Hard to choose one: A few of my favorites are The Good Wife, Revenge, and One Tree Hill.

7) What is your favorite thing to drink?
    Now I only drink water and sometimes unsweet tea. I used to be addicted to Sonic Cherry Vanilla Cokes and McAlister's Sweet Tea.

8) What kind of music do you listen to?
    I listen to praise/worship music, pop, and country mainly.

9) What is your favorite thing to do with your family?
    Any time I get to spend with my family I love, but my favorite now is probably to snuggle in bed with the boys. No matter what is going on, I always try to lay down and snuggle with them for a few minutes, tell them how much I love them, and how special they are.

10) Name a TV show you watch, but hate to admit to.
    There are actually 2 shows. One is 90210 (yes the new one). I know the story lines are totally crazy, but I can't help but continue to watch it. The other is one I recently started watching because one of my kids kept talking about it and I was curious. Now my husband and I are both addicted to The Vampire Diaries.


11) What is your favorite unit or concept to teach to your kiddos and why?
   
I love when we do Dr. Seuss week the week of his birthday. Dr. Seuss' books are so much fun to read and listen to. There are so many activities/concepts you can teach using his books. We do a dress up day every week. The last two years, one of my best friends, and the former student minister at my church dressed up as the Cat in the Hat and read the story to all of kindergarten. Since Joel, moved to Arkansas I'm looking for a new friend to take over reading to the kindergartners. 

12) What are your hobbies?


    I love reading and normally only get to read for fun while the boys are napping, if I wake up in the middle of the night, or if I'm waiting somewhere by myself. If my boys see me reading, they bring me books to read them which is fun too. I work with 7th and 8th girls in the student ministry at my church Inglewood Baptist. I love all our students, but it's also a good reminder why I teach kindergarten and not middle or high school. :)

   I also love spending time with my three best friends and our kids. Our kids are close in age. We have lots of play dates whenever we can!

My questions:

1) Tell me about your family.

2) What do you like to do after a stressful day?

3) What is your favorite kind of food?

4) Who was your favorite teacher and a favorite memory about them?

5) Why did you decide to become a teacher?

6) What is your favorite guilty pleasure TV show?

7) What is your favorite concept/unit to teach?

8) What is your advice to students?

9) What are your must have teaching resources?

10) What is your favorite song/cd to use in the classroom?

11) What is your favorite family activity?

12) What is your favorite part of teaching?

Now here's who I am tagging...


Mrs. Guntorius First Grade Class




Kreative in Kinder


Classroom Confections


Mrs. Mayas' Kindergarten


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...