Monday, June 22, 2015

Target Dollar Spot Finds

     Last Friday, I posted this picture on Instagram.


     The magnetic letters are for word work. I use to have a ton, but many have been lost or broken over the years. I have taught math and science for the last three years, so I gave away the other letters I had. I will be teaching ELA and social studies this year. Last year, one of Logan's teachers requested magnetic letters for her classroom, and I had the hardest time finding them. I ended up buying a Melissa and Doug set which was more money than I wanted to spend, but couldn't find any cheaper alternatives. Needless to say, I was extremely happy to see these in the Dollar Spot. 

     I love these dice for two reasons. First, they are big and will not easily be lost or disappear. Ahem. Second, they are foam so they are quiet. They will go perfect with this Roll a Spelling activity I found on Pinterest the other day. You can download it for free here. It includes a couple of Roll a language arts activity in the packet. 

     I bought the little box of stamps for the sign and return stamp. Ten years ago, when I started teaching I paid $5 for a sign and return stamp at the teacher store. When I left the school I was at before this one, I lost that stamp. It hurt. I mean I know I got my $5 worth in seven years, but still it was $5! 

     Now if I could just get my hands on those book bins someone posted a picture of the other day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...