Saturday, June 13, 2015

Summer Bucket List Linky

 I'm linking up with Natalie from What The Teacher Wants! to share my summer bucket list!



For School:

     I want to get my scope and sequence for the year mapped out so I can begin writing lesson plans. The state assessment in Texas is the STAAR test. I am the district/campus testing coordinator for my charter school, so I need to get ahead on my lesson planning so all I have to do is prep for my classes in the spring when STAAR testing is in full swing. Last year I had my lesson plans for the year done in December and it was a huge life saver once STAAR rolled around. I do tweak and make changes before I teach my lessons, but it's so helpful to have the bulk of the planning done. The other thing I'm beginning to work on is getting my teacher binder organized and ready to go. I bought the Happy Rainbow planner from April at A Modern Teacher, and I can't wait to use it.

Personal:

     My personal goal this summer is to get in a healthy eating and exercise routine. I'm finishing up week three of  this goal. I'm starting out slower this time. I started with choosing more fresh fruits and veggies. This week I'm going to begin calorie counting.  I do 20-30 minutes of cardio three times a week and then 10-15 minutes of calisthenics three times a week. I use Sunday as my rest day. I hate the exercise part the most, so I've started with walking for my cardio, and found a couple of beginner body weight routines online that I felt I could be successful at to start with. I get up and do my exercise first thing after my Bible study time, so I don't make excuses later in the day and rationalize skipping it.

For Fun:

    I just want to rest, relax, and most importantly enjoy my boys. We just finished up a week of Backyard Bible club at a park near our church. We've rode bikes and went on walks. We've spent a lot of time reading for the summer reading program at our local library. They have almost filled up their first log to turn in for prizes. We may take a trip later in the summer. As long I get to spend as much time as possible with my boys, it'll be a successful summer.

     You can link up with What The Teacher Wants! and share your summer bucket list too. Natalie has a link to get the summer bucket list graphic above in her post.

Happy Summer!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! Sounds like you will have a great and relaxing summer! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a laid back summer, too! The school year is so hectic that it's nice to just slow down and enjoy my own kiddos. :)
    Tonya
    Storybook Endings in Second

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...