Sunday, January 22, 2012

Following Pictorial Directions

    We've been working on reading and following pictorial directions. We started by looking at examples of pictorial directions. I brought directions from some of Logan's toys and games. We also talked about how pictures help us understand what to do. Students were shown the steps to illustrate a snowman and then they created their own scribble art snowman.




    We also used the pictorial directions on the back of the Trouble game box to play the game Trouble together.




    I also created cars and building with the boys' Lego's. I took pictures of each step and printed them out. Then I handed out a baggie to each table that contained the pieces they needed and the pictorial directions. I think building with Lego's was the students' favorite lesson! I wish I had remember my camera that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...