Sunday, August 16, 2015

Peek at my Week-Back to School

     The first week of school has finally arrived! We have teacher inservice and meet the teacher on Monday. Then on Tuesday we have the day to use at our discretion. We can stay home or come in and work. Finally on Wednesday, the little darlings arrive! I am super excited because I will have two of my classes from last year.

     I teacher second grade English Language Arts and Social Studies in a university model of education school. We are a K-11th grade school this year. Next year, we will add 12th. We have two classes in each grade level. This year first though fourth grades will have all four core classes each day, so I'm going back to teaching five days a week after three years of teaching a Tuesday/Thursday only schedule. It's going to be an adjustment for our family, but I am so excited! I will teach 2nd grade ELA and SS in the morning to the B class, and then repeat the lessons in the afternoon for the A class. When the other class is not with me, they are with the math/science teacher. Our elementary students have PE two days a week, music two days a week, and art one day a week. We have a shorter school day; our students have classes from 8:30am until 1:50pm. Once I get my schedule worked out in practice and not just theory, I'll share that with you too.

      On to my plans. You can download the PDF here.


Resources for this week:

Pirates Go To School

Classroom Rules Pack


     Head over to DeeDee's to check out more lesson plans!


1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I hope you have a fantastic first day of school! Thank you for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...