Monday, July 20, 2015

What I've Been Up To

     Whew! The last couple of weeks have been crazy!

     Two weeks ago, I had STAAR EOC retakes. We had three days of testing plus I had to get it packed up and shipped back. As if state testing isn't fun enough, my older son was diagnosed with pneumonia. He had ran fever all week the week before and had been to the doctor on a Thursday to hear, "It's just a virus. It typically last 5-7 days bring him back if he has fever on day 8". Fever ended on day 7. He was fever free for 24 hours, and then the fever was back. Back we went on Tuesday, to find that he had developed pneumonia, and they didn't miss it the first time because they had checked his lungs.

     This past week my dad called to tell me he was in the hospital, but fine. I didn't need to come see him. He just wanted me to know. He stayed two nights. They ran a bunch a test and determined he had blacked out because his insulin dosage was too high now that he's lost so much weight. In the middle of that, my younger son had dental surgery. Poor baby has his Grammie's bad teeth. He had anesthesia in the dentist's office, and thankfully doesn't remember anything but going to sleep in daddy's arms and waking up in daddy's arms. He was so brave and cooperative which was amazing because he's our most uncooperative child. His first coherent request when we returned home was for his Ninja Turtle. We spent most of the rest of that day snuggled together on the couch.

     Then this past Saturday, we attended the wedding of two of Lo's teachers (and my co-workers). He has been excitedly counting down to this wedding for a while, and talking about it for months. They've both been his teachers for the last two years. They are the sweetest couple and compliment each other so well. 

     Now I've got to finish getting Lo ready to head to first church camp in the morning. I'm hoping things will slow down a bit this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...