Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I'm Baaack! And Science Skills

     I'm baaaaack! I know it's been a while and inconsistent, but I'm really hoping to change that. Speaking of change, change has happened for me. Again. This year I'm teaching 1st and 2nd grade science. I have two classes of each grade level. This is my second year to have the students that are in second grade and I love it! They walked in the first day of school, sat down, and knew exactly what to do. And I'm the STAAR testing coordinator along with coordinating our tutoring program. I'm super busy, but totally loving what I do!

     We've been working on Science Skills and using our five senses to make observations. 

    In first grade, we wrapped up our lesson by comparing and contrasting an apple and a marker. 


     In second grade, we wrapped up our lesson by using our five senses to observe an apple. We created a circle map using our observations. 


    I'm so proud of my little scientists and how they are using their science skills! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...