Saturday, September 24, 2011

Goldfish Counting

We read the book I Have a Pet and discussed the different pets they have or would like to have. Then I told the students about my brother's goldfish Moo and Mesa. (He was 4 and his favorite cartoon was The Wild West Cowboys of Moo Mesa.) I told them about how my brother would count them all the time. Then I passed out fishbowls to the students and some goldfish crackers. We practiced making sets of numbers 1 through 5.







Then while the students ate their goldfish crackers, I passed out a playing card to each student that had a number 1 through 5 on it. They created a set of fish using stickers for our class book. Our book turned out really cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...